- Ideology and Irrationality
30 August 2013 4:00 AM | No Comments
- Trojan Horsing the Marriage Debate
29 August 2013 4:00 AM | No Comments
- How (Not) to Understand Marx
28 August 2013 4:30 AM | No Comments
- A Firm Foundation
27 August 2013 4:00 AM | No Comments
- A Response to Joseph Bottum
26 August 2013 4:00 AM | No Comments
- 3 Things You Might Not Know About Porn
23 August 2013 1:39 PM | No Comments
- Knowing Death
23 August 2013 4:00 AM | No Comments
- Prudent Stewardship of ‘The Money in Your Vaults’
22 August 2013 4:00 AM | No Comments
- Revered South African statesman Nelson Mandela dies at 95
05 December 2013 6:28 PM | No Comments
- El Papa: Si las palabras cristianas son palabras sin Cristo se recorre
05 December 2013 1:17 PM | No Comments
- Turkish churches get radical makeover – by being turned in to mosques
04 December 2013 4:29 PM | No Comments
- Fracking protesters in Canada set up burning tire blockade, dance around flames
04 December 2013 1:13 PM | No Comments
- Oh my! It’s raining dead mice on Guam!
04 December 2013 12:20 PM | No Comments
- ‘Tolerant’ Muslims threaten holy war if Jews try to pray at site of ancient temple
04 December 2013 10:45 AM | No Comments
- Brazilian teen girls becoming prostitutes before World Cup in bid to escape poverty
03 December 2013 12:51 PM | No Comments
- Cradle baby scheme in India cuts female infanticide
03 December 2013 12:12 PM | No Comments
- Ideology and Irrationality
Posted on August 19, 2013 | No CommentsNot only a prominent theme in the Bible, concern for the poor is a common point of emphasis in the writings of the Fathers of the Church, and the Cappadocian Fathers—St. Basil the Great, St. Gregory the Theologian and St. Gregory of Nyssa—are no ex...
Posted on August 16, 2013 | No CommentsHave you ever seen a dog race up to the boundary of a yard, and abruptly stop? It looks very odd, until you realize that the dog is wearing a fancy collar. There is an invisible electric "fence" embedded in the yard. The dog has been shocked so oft...
Posted on August 12, 2013 | No CommentsPornography exploits human beings. Sure, no one is compelled into a photoshoot, but the freedom of engaging in smut does not somehow make it morally right. No one wants their daughter to be a porn star. And if you do, there is something wrong with you.
Posted on August 7, 2013 | No CommentsWithout a political imagination that embraces the need for true self-governance, all we are left with is simple power politics. Cameron's campaign against pornography rather than being a nanny-state overreach is a last-cry of a society trying desperately to recover some sense of dignity in self-governance.
Posted on August 6, 2013 | No CommentsBritain's "porn ban" has American conservatives in a fit. Yet personal immunity from social coercion is not a first-order concern for classical republicans (like the Founding Fathers), who emphasize freedom by means of the law rather than freedom from it.